Terms & Conditions of Contract for Photography Services
Many thanks for taking time to look at our website and terms and conditions, and for taking an interest in True Reflection Photography.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. Should you decide to use our services we will ask you to sign a printed copy.
We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have in relation to these T&Cs at any time.
In the following terms & conditions “the photographer” shall mean Carol Spencer and/or Angela Massingham trading as True Reflection Photography, or another photographer working on their behalf.
The “client(s)” shall be those persons defined on the Booking Form. It is mutually agreed that the following Terms and Conditions and the Booking Form, form an integral part of this contract and cannot be varied in any way by the client(s), unless such conditions are agreed with the photographer and agreed by both parties in writing.
By booking with the photographer you agree to the Terms and Conditions below.
Ownership and Copyright
The copyright Designs and Patents Acts assign the copyrights of the images to the photographer.
Any images or copies of images whether stored digitally or otherwise and any computer program including any source or object code, computer files or printed documentation relating to such images are protected by the Copyright and Design Act 1988. It is contrary to the Act to copy or allow to be copied photographically, electronically, or by any other means and imaged created as part of this contract, without the permission of the photographers in writing.
Advertising & Promotion / Display
We reserve the right to use all images covered by this contract to promote the business by means of advertising, publicity material, websites, exhibitions, competitions, magazine articles, social media and other such media, providing that the images are used lawfully and without damage to the clients. Images placed in password protected galleries within the website are not available to the general public in the normal course of events. It may however, not always be possible to prevent determined persons from accessing these galleries, therefore cannot be held liable in any way whatsoever.
Licence & Coverage
- The photographers shall be granted artistic licence in relation to the poses photographed and the locations used. Although every effort will be made to fulfil the Clients requirements, the photographers’ judgment regarding the location, poses and number of photographs taken shall be deemed correct.
- For bookings involving a church ceremony or at some other venues, photographer’s movements are sometimes restricted by the minister or official in charge: photographing of parts or even all of the ceremony may be restricted or prohibited, as may the use of artificial lighting. The photographers cannot accept responsibility for limited coverage in such cases.
- Whilst the photographers will endeavour to fulfil all the Clients requirements, they cannot be held responsible for non-availability of subjects or adverse conditions that may delay the progress of proceedings, preventing the coverage of certain specified shots.
- You, the Clients, agree to co-operate with us in all matters relating the photographic services, and to supply us with all reasonable information requested, in order for us to fulfil your requirements.
- Any alterations made to the booking by the Clients once details have been confirmed may only be made at the discretion of the photographers. If unable to accommodate alternative arrangements (such as a change of date or venue) the photographers are not liable to compensate the client(s) in any way whatsoever.
- Owing to photochromatic anomalies caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials, especially in manmade fibres, it is sometimes impossible to record on camera the exact colour of materials as perceived by the human eye. When processing images, the photographers will endeavour to achieve a pleasing overall colour balance.
- It is understood that some colours may not remain consistent throughout a set of photographs owing to variations in lighting conditions. It is also understood that all photographic printing is undertaken within the technical limitations of the process and that colour may not be identical over the whole range within a subject. The colour balance of prints made at different times, or in varying sizes may also be variable.
- Due to the limitations of computer monitors it is understood that images may appear differently according to the specification of each monitor, and that prints will not match images rendered on any particular computer monitor.
- All images will be adjusted for exposure, brightness, contrast, sharpness etc. The photographers judgement regarding these corrections shall be deemed correct.
- All print and presentation sizes quoted are approximate and subject to the discretion of the photographers.
- All orders for reprints, enlargements albums etc. must be paid for in full before they are sent for processing.
Payment and Prices
- We reserve the right to amend prices at any time without prior notice. Where deposits have already been paid to secure photographic services, the price quoted on the Booking Form will be honoured.
- The correct pricing for any Photo Services will be clearly stated on the Booking Form.
- All prices shown are in (£) sterling.
- A non-refundable booking fee along with full acceptance of the Terms and Conditions will be required to secure the photographers services.
- The relevant balance outstanding is due in full, 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Payment can be made by: - Cash - Cheque – Payable to Mrs. Carol Spencer & Mrs. Angela Massingham - PayPal via the website ‘True Reflection Photography’ – www.trpics.co.uk
- Some work, depending on location, may attract a mileage charge of 40p per mile.
- Overnight accommodation may be required if the venue is over 100 miles away.
- Our entire liability for any breach of this Agreement or any representation, act or omission (including negligence), shall be limited to our fee in relation to the photographic services, and we shall not be responsible for any special, indirect or consequential or economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
- The limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that Photos are lost through equipment malfunction, are lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged where the Photographer is not liable.
You are advised to take out an appropriate wedding insurance policy if you are booking the photo services for a wedding.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation by both photographers or unavoidable total photographic failure, the photographers liability shall be limited to a full refund of any booking fees and fees paid. Re-shoots maybe arranged if practicable but the photographers will not be responsible for any further costs.
- The photographers will endeavour, with your mutual agreement, to appoint other photographers in the unlikely event that they are both unable to attend a booking. However, it may prove difficult or impossible to find a skilled replacement photographer at short notice or at the same price.
- All cancellations made by either the photographers or the client(s) must be made in writing (email is acceptable).
- If the clients should have to cancel a booking, the following cancellation fees will become due immediately:
- The clients are entitled to a full refund of the booking fee if they withdraw within 14 days of booking.
- The booking fee will be forfeited on cancellations made after 14 days.
- Cancellations made within 3 months of the event incur the full cost of the photographic service booked.
Any directions issued to clients, their guests or employees during a photographic shoot are deemed to be at that persons own risk. The photographer cannot be held responsible for any personal accidents during a photographic shoot.
The due performance of this contract is subject to alteration or cancellation by either party owing to any cause beyond their control. Although all equipment is checked regularly, and reasonable steps are taken to ensure that backup equipment is available, the photographer will not be responsible for photographs that are not produced due to technical failure.
This agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
A person who is not party to this Agreement will not have any under or in connection with it.
Please confirm your acceptance of the above by signing below.
Read and Understood
Client Signature(s) ………………………… …………………………
Client Print Name(s) ………………………… …………………………
Photographer Signature(s) ………………………… …………………………
On behalf of True Reflection Photography
Photographer Print Name(s) ………………………… ………………………… Date …………………………